Air duct cleaning is one of those tasks that most people easily forget about. Do you even remember the last time the ducts in your house were attended to? The answer is most likely, no. However, attending to your air ducts is an important task that shouldn’t be neglected. There is a lot of indoor air pollution that might occur when you fail to clean your air ducts. Most of these pollutants are not visible since they are trapped in furnishings and equipment inside the house. Air duct cleaning entails clean-up of heating and cooling system components including fan housing and fan motor, condensate drain pans, heating and cooling coils, heat exchangers, grilles and diffusers and the supply and return air ducts.
Below are two major reasons why air duct cleaning is important:
1. Improves Indoor Air Quality
The quality of indoor air is one of the concerns that homeowners have when they decide to have their air duct investigated. In an ordinary six-room house, 40 pounds of dust, dander and chemicals are created annually through daily activities. Your HVAC system is the lung of your home; takes in air and breathes it out. Contaminants present in the air will be pulled into the HVAC system, and they’ll build up over time. Cleaning the duct systems, therefore, helps to remove accumulated dust so it would shed into the house. Besides that, removing cobwebs and debris increases the efficiency of the system which enhances better circulation of air.
2. Saves Energy
25 to 40 percent of the energy that your heating and cooling system uses could be simply wastage if the system is full of dust. Contaminants cause the system to work harder and this requires more energy. Cleaning your HVAC system will enable the system to run more efficiently. A clean and efficient system has a longer life span, is less likely to break down and operates more effectively than a dirty system. It doesn’t have to work extra hard to maintain the required temperatures and, as a result, less energy is used.
When to Clean Your Air Duct
You should consider having your heating and cooling systems attended to if you have observed the following signs:
- There is extensive and visible mold growth inside the components of the heating and cooling system. If you cannot see the components inside the system, call an HVAC service provider to have it opened. It is important to confirm that the substance is mold by doing a laboratory analysis. This will ensure that the proper cleaning methods are used.
- The ducts are congested with excessive amounts of dust, particles or debris.
- The ducts are infested with vermin such as insects and rodents.
Tips for Choosing the Best Air Duct Cleaning Service
- Ask the cleaner for their certification and insurance.
- Get estimates for the job they’ll do.
- Check the company’s references to get an idea of their quality of work.
- Don’t allow the use of chemical biocides and other products that you don’t have knowledge about.
Effective air duct cleaning can only be possible with the right air duct cleaning company on your side. Willard Power Vac Inc. 15620 NE Glisan Portland OR 97230 is a reliable and professional air duct cleaning company you can trust with your duct cleaning tasks. Visit http://willardductcleaning.com and get to learn more.